06 Jan Dealership Websites Conversion Goals: The MUST VS The Should NOT
Dealership Websites Conversion Goals
In the automotive industry, we always talk about only one ultimate goal: Sell More Cars.
However, do you ever think of tracking your dealership websites conversion goals that actually contribute to selling your cars? This is why we need to set up those Google Analytics goals on your dealership website.
WHAT GOOGLE ANALYTICS GOALS AUTO DEALERS SHOULD TRACK
Destination URL Tracking
- New Vehicle Detail Page (VDP) Views
- Price Quote
- Used VDP Views
- Finance Application Submissions
- Trade-in Appraisal Submissions
- Contact Us Submissions
- Clicks to Calls Leads/Sales/Appointment/Collisions
- Service Appointment Submissions
- Chat Leads/Chat Customer Response Events
Low Priority (Optional)
- New Search Results Page (SRP) Views
- Used SRP Views
- Video Views
- Exit Pop-up
- Finance Payment Calculator
- Hours and Directions Visits Page
WHAT GOOGLE ANALYTICS GOALS AUTO DEALERS SHOULD NOT TRACK
The Cost of a Useless Goal
- Visit Duration/Time ON-Sites
- Pageviews Per Sessions
Google Analytics Overview Report gives you the at-a-glance graph to figure out what’s working in the past days. Setting up useless goals will make those graph, total goal completions, conversion rate, abandonment rate useless.
Pages/visit and visit duration goals don’t tell us anything about our business, the majority of this dataset isn’t useful. That means we have absolutely no idea how our business is doing without looking at other goals individually.
If you keep your goal data clean by only including essential goals for your business, you can get an accurate overview of how your business is doing whenever you want.
Exception: there are two exceptions to this: support and advertising sites. In those cases, I will suggest to you drill deeper into Google Analytics.
You want the visitor to spend as little time on your support site as possible. If you sell ad space on your site, you live and die on one of two metrics. Click-throughs or pageviews.
SET UP GOOGLE ANALYTICS SMART GOALS TODAY
Smart Goals is an easy way to use your best sessions as conversions. You can then use Smart Goals to optimize your AdWords performance. The sooner they start collecting data, the better.
To be eligible for Smart Goals, the linked AdWords account must have sent at least 500 clicks to the selected Analytics view over the past 30 days before you can set up Smart Goals.
You pay position 1onn Google, does position 1 matters? Read this article here. Does ad position matter to your AdWords Campaign?
- Why You Shouldn’t Set Pageviews and Time on Site as Goals in Google Analytics https://blog.kissmetrics.com/pageviews-time-on-site/
- Why You Shouldn’t Set Pageviews and Time on Site as Goals in Google Analytics
- Smart Goals Set Up https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6153083?hl=en
- BEYOND VDP VIEWS: DEALERSHIP GOALS IN GOOGLE ANALYTICS https://9clouds.com/blog/beyond-vdp-views-dealership-goals-google-analytics/